|09 July 2022
|09 July 2022
You made it! Most people do not bother reading privacy policies, so I am glad you are taking the time to do so. I will attempt to make it as straightforward of an experience as possible for the both of us.
I am a professional software developer. I build lots of projects that people use and love, many of them open-source. I also care deeply about digital privacy; I reject the idea that software must have access to invasive amounts of data to function properly.
That said, some of my projects have the ability to collect data about the people using them. I always keep this data collection to a minimum, and, where possible, I make it an “opt-in” process.
I only ever use the data I collect to help guide decisions around how to improve my software projects. I never have sold user data and I never will. That said, I will make efforts to monetize some of my projects so that I can continue improving them. As such, I may integrate some third-party services into my projects that are not so noble in their use of your data (e.g. Google Analytics, Google AdSense, Facebook Ads, etc.).
jhale.dev (email: email@example.com)
We may collect and process the following personal information about you:
- Mobile Phone Number
- Social Media Profile
We collect/receive information about you in the following manner:
- When a you fill out a registration form or otherwise submit personal information
- As you interact with the Service
- From public sources
We may use the information that we collect about you for the following purposes:
- Creating your user account
- Managing your user account
- Providing support for your use of the Service
- Processing payments
- Managing your customer orders
- Improving the security of the Service
- Enforcing our Terms and Conditions
- Enabling user to user communication (e.g. comments, posts, etc.)
- Administering, running, and/or improving the Service
- Resolving any concerns or disputes you raise with us
- Collecting your written feedback on the Service
- Sharing your written feedback with other users/potential users of the Service (e.g. testimonials, etc.)
- Enabling targeted advertising within the Service (e.g. Google Ads, Facebook Ads, etc.)
We may also use the information we collect about you for the following purposes, but we will only do so after receiving your consent.
- Sending you marketing/promotional messages about enhancements to the Service
If we want to use your information for any other purpose, we will ask you for consent and will use your information only on receiving your consent and then, only for the purpose(s) for which you granted consent unless we are required to do otherwise by law.
We will not transfer your personal information to any third party without seeking your consent, except in limited circumstances as described below:
- Ad services within the Service
- Service performance and analytics
We require such third party’s to use the personal information we transfer to them only for the purpose for which it was transferred and not to retain it for longer than is required for fulfilling the said purpose.
We may also disclose your personal information for the following reasons:
- to comply with applicable law, regulation, court order or other legal process;
- to respond to claims that your use of the Service violates any third-party rights.
If the Service or our company is merged or acquired with another service or company, your information will be one of the assets that is transferred to the new owner.
Depending on the law that applies, you may have a right to access and rectify or erase your personal data or receive a copy of your personal data, restrict or object to the active processing of your data, ask us to share (port) your personal information to another entity, withdraw any consent you provided to us to process your data, a right to lodge a complaint with a statutory authority and such other rights as may be relevant under applicable laws. To exercise these rights, you can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request in accordance with applicable law.
- Do note that if you do not allow us to collect or process the required personal information or withdraw the consent to process the same for the required purposes, you may not be able to access or use the services for which your information was sought.
The security of your information is important to us and we will use reasonable security measures to prevent the loss, misuse or unauthorized alteration of your information under our control. However, given the inherent risks, we cannot guarantee absolute security and consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.
If you have any queries or concerns about the processing of your information that is available with us, you may email our Grievance Officer at email@example.com. We will address your concerns in accordance with applicable law.